How do I find people to involve in my research?

Consider how best to reach people with the different perspectives you need. You could:

  • advertise in GP surgeries, outpatients or local newspapers
  • talk to local or national patient support groups
  • search online for relevant organisations
  • ask community members or patients how best to find people who might be interested in getting involved
  • talk to other health and social care professionals such as community development workers, social workers, health visitors, GP practice managers
  • contact the Patient Advisory Liaison Officer based at your local NHS Trust
  • put details of your opportunity for people to get involved on the People in Research website so interested members of the public can make contact with you.

Allow plenty of time to make contact with organisations and individuals as finding people nearly always takes longer than you think.